May 1, 2020
Dear FPC family – As our state and most of us continue to shelter in place, our church continues to be impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
It’s certainly a massive disruption. I know we are all dealing with challenges, and some are truly dealing with major challenges. In all of this, I am so blessed by the love and thoughtfulness that I’ve seen so many of you show towards one another.
Many people are reaching out to those who are less connected, just to say “hello” and let them know they are being prayed for. Some are taking meals or helping by providing necessities that have been difficult to get. And some have donated to the church and the church has also been able to help meet some needs for those in our church who have struggled more as we all remain on lockdown. Thank you for letting the love of God work through you.
When will we reopen?
At this point, we expect to continue to follow our state guidelines. The governor has provided a framework for moving from various stages of recovery that take into account the success of the mitigation efforts. As they continue to trend towards an opportunity for us to re-open, we will put a full plan in place. Our goals will be to ensure the safety of all, and we don’t feel a need to be the 1st to return.
We will continue to have live service on Facebook Live this Sunday at 11am. You can find it in 2 places:
- On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/torringtonchurch
- On the FPC Website http://torringtonchurch.com/ click on “Online Services”
- Youtube – the services are posted after live streaming: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC03hiFpfBhDSMzyYruCsNCw
We are continuing to have small groups. If you would like to join a group, please visit our Groups Page
Donations can be made online at http://www.torringtonchurch.com/give/
Thank you for your faithfulness and your generosity. Giving is a part of our worship, and has enabled our church to conitue to hold services and groups, continue children’s ministry, help some families that have been impacted during the coronavirus outbreak and support other missions away from our church.
The online giving fees also go down significantly by doing an ACH payment (checking account) vs. Credit or Debit Card.
- Create an account by clicking the “Create Account” OR if you already use Faith Teams simply sign in.
- Click the “Add Card” button then click “Add Bank Account” instead
- Add your bank account, and you will get 2 small deposits in a day or two. Log back into the online giving form and confirm those amounts, then you can give directly from your checking account at 1/3 the fees of credit/debit.
If you prefer to mail in a donation, please send it to the Church’s Mailing address:
First Pentecostal Church 121 Beechwood Ave. Torrington, CT 06790
God bless you all, and I look forward to seeing you soon!
Continuing in Faith,
Pastor Shane LaPierre